When I started in 1972, we used Mnemonics and Registers to get 'er done in Assembler....took 14 instructions to divide 2 numbers on the Mainframe, and deliver it to the terminal. Now, we call the mainframe the server, and the terminal a client, but instead of 14 lines to divide, it takes 14 lines to package and display the quotient. Sure is prettier though, lol!
My Words of Wisdom: "Always Check Your Premises".
Favorite joke of all time: What did the fish say when it hit a wall? "Dam(n)"
Favorite saying: "If you torture statistics long enough, they will confess to anything."
- Stack Overflow 7.7k 7.7k 66 gold badges4040 silver badges7373 bronze badges
- Joomla 7.6k 7.6k 22 gold badges2626 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Politics 410 410 33 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Video Production 262 262 11 gold badge22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Area 51 221 221 66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 115 phpMailer - How do you Remove Recipients
- 26 Who was the last US President to oversee a reduction in debt?
- 24 Highstocks - How to change the default Zoom
- 24 How to save Custom Fields in Core components
- 23 How to combine ANDs and ORs in the WHERE clause using a Query Object?
- 22 Serial generation with PHP
- 21 How to combine ANDs and ORs in the WHERE clause using a Query Object?
- View more network posts →