When I started in 1972, we used Mnemonics and Registers to get 'er done in Assembler....took 14 instructions to divide 2 numbers on the Mainframe, and deliver it to the terminal. Now, we call the mainframe the server, and the terminal a client, but instead of 14 lines to divide, it takes 14 lines to package and display the quotient. Sure is prettier though, lol!
My Words of Wisdom: "Always Check Your Premises".
Favorite joke of all time: What did the fish say when it hit a wall? "Dam(n)"
Favorite saying: "If you torture statistics long enough, they will confess to anything."
Member for 5 years, 9 months
10 profile views
Last seen Mar 20 '19 at 2:18
- Joomla 7.4k 7.4k 22 gold badges2121 silver badges7272 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 7.1k 7.1k 55 gold badges3737 silver badges7070 bronze badges
- Politics 408 408 33 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Area 51 221 221 66 bronze badges
- Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair 205 205 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 99 phpMailer - How do you Remove Recipients
- 26 Who was the last US President to oversee a reduction in debt?
- 22 How to save Custom Fields in Core components
- 21 Highstocks - How to change the default Zoom
- 21 How to combine ANDs and ORs in the WHERE clause using a Query Object?
- 20 What is the proper way to make an AJAX call in component?
- 20 How to combine ANDs and ORs in the WHERE clause using a Query Object?
- View more network posts →