The Joomla StackExchange has been growing steadily to the point that we seem to be getting a fair amount of poor questions. I appreciate all the answers provided on this site, so I hope that we can continue to get good questions that are answerable and not get bogged down helping new users learn what a good question is (or worse, dealing with spam...)
To help with this, I think it could be beneficial for us to have a base set of responses to comment on poor questions. The less time we spend responding to these new users, the better in my opinion. To make this not feel super canned, I think that we can group poor questions into a couple of buckets:
- Spam - posts just to link to a website, barely understandable, no real question
- Not enough information - short one-line questions, typically just states that it "doesn't work"
- Extension specific - question related to a bug or issue with a specific use of a non-core extension
- "Can I do this?" - questions that show no effort to actually try and solve their problem
- "Is there an extension for this?" - questions that want a plugin recommendation
Feel free to update the community wiki answer below and comment with other groups of users and discuss how best to respond to hopefully grow the community while saving us time!